Required: Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Licensed Dietitian or Licensed Nutritionist by the MN Board of Dietetics in Nutrition Practice, or a Registered Nurse. MN PHN Certification for BSN if applicable. Valid Driver’s License.
Preferred: 2 yrs. related experience preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior public health experience and bilingual abilities desirable, but not required.
Manages local WIC program, oversees all program functions, monitors compliance with federal regulations, trains staff and oversees their work, assures quality services, and interacts directly with state and regional WIC staff. Serves a culturally diverse population. Provides services at the individual and family level.
Examples of Duties:
• Manages WIC grant, ensures that WIC expenses are allowable and that staff time is used and coded appropriately.
• Plans and coordinates WIC program activities, clinic services and nutrition activities.
• Provides direct WIC services including nutrition assessment, counseling and high risk follow up.
• Develops materials and programs as needed. Develops WIC clinic and WIC staff schedules.
• Assesses local agency/community health and nutrition needs and develops Nutrition Education Plan.
• May function as the Breastfeeding Coordinator and Nutrition Education Coordinator.
• Assumes and performs various job duties outlined in the Registered Nurse or Public Health Nurse position description, as assigned.
Starting pay range $26.92 to $28.27 per hour DOQ.
See Freeborn County Job Opportunities for more information.
Submit applications and resumes to JobApps@co.freeborn.mn.us no later than 12:00 PM on January 24th, 2020.