(612) 677-2572 email@example.com
Employement Status: Full Time
Start Date: As soon as possible
Job Type: Dietetic Technician
Qualifications & Description
Open Arms of Minnesota (OAM) is a nonprofit that prepares and delivers healthy, nutritious food to people living with life-threatening illnesses. Our mission is to nourish body, mind and soul. In our state-of-the-art kitchen, OAM staff members and more than 7,600 volunteers create meals specifically designed for our clients’ nutritional needs. We use fresh and, whenever possible, organic ingredients, including produce from our own Open Farms gardens. Volunteers deliver the meals throughout the Twin Cities metro area to approximately 2,400 clients, caregivers and dependents each week, providing nourishment and hope for families dealing with life-threatening illnesses. There are no fees for any of Open Arms’ services. Open Arms is a volunteer-driven organization and is culturally unique in our high commitment to an excellent volunteer experience.
To learn more, visit www.openarmsmn.org
Position Overview: OAM is hiring a Dietetic Technician Registered (DTR) to support an ongoing project we have in partnership with a healthcare company. This full-time position contributes to the fulfillment of OAM’s mission by supporting the various aspects of the project, including telephone outreach to clients six hours per day, data entry, mailings, and creating reports. Outreach to clients includes: recruitment (including mailing letters and up to 6 hours of telephone calling per day), onboarding (including selecting appropriate menus, scheduling deliveries, and data entry), and providing nutrition support to clients over the telephone. The DTR will play an important role in the success and growth of this project, which will allow us to extend our deliveries statewide. This position will also support the OAM Nutrition Department in various program activities. As with all OAM staff positions, this position is responsible for helping ensure volunteers and interns have an exemplary experience during all interactions with Open Arms, and is expected to consistently maintain a high level of customer service to all guests, clients, and fellow team members.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Recruit eligible health care clients through telephonic outreach.
• Update the eligibility database as clients are recruited and contacted.
• Work with clients’ care coordinators to obtain referrals and report compliance metrics.
• Work collaboratively with nutrition and client services departments to identify specific nutrition needs of clients.
• Support the reporting aspects of this project, including data entry, and invoicing, as needed.
• Collect and manage client paperwork, ensuring timely and highly detailed data entry into our database.
• Explain basic food safety and nutritional info to clients.
• Provide referrals to community resources for clients as needed.
• Ensure client confidentiality and compliance with HIPAA.
• Keep accurate records of all work.
• Work with delivery and logistics department to ensure feasible delivery schedules.
• Responsible for conducting follow-up calls for clients enrolled in OAM’s core program.
• Provide exemplary customer service to all clients regardless of circumstance, representing OAM with clear boundaries, confidentiality, high ethics and professionalism and communicating in a timely and respectful fashion to all client questions and concerns.
• Assist with additional food or nutrition related projects as needed, such as nutrition analysis of meals and developing nutrition education materials.
• Help ensure Open Arms provides an outstanding experience for all volunteers by regularly seeking out meaningful and positive interactions with them and maintaining a positive, friendly, helpful attitude at all times.
• Support OAM at events when requested.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Dietetic Technician, Registered; 2+ years relevant work experience.
• Valid Minnesota driver’s license.
• Ability to remain engaged and motivated in a phone-based position.
• Public health background preferred.
• Billing experience preferred.
• Great attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in Spanish preferred.
• Understanding of the importance of client confidentiality.
• The drive and motivation to take on new projects and help them succeed; strong ability to learn new techniques and skills.
• Excellent communication and human relation skills and personal presence that garners respect from clients, volunteers and the community at large.
• Good understanding of the nutrition needs of the elderly and people with chronic and life-threatening illnesses.
• Familiar with using nutrition analysis software such as Food Processor.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Demonstrated ability to create, lead and motivate a team.
• Strong organizational and project management skills, ability to multi-task and work in high pressure setting.
• Ability to think strategically, creatively and proactively.
• Knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Office.
• Flexibility with schedule and assigned tasks; ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
• Ability to be energizing and contribute to a positive team environment.
• Willingness to participate in a wide-array of tasks that help support the overall mission of OAM (examples may include providing backup delivery to clients, or assisting with events such as Cook-A-Thon, Blizzard Box Blitz, Moveable Feast, and Thanksgiving turkey deliveries).
• Sensitivity to diversity and able to work respectfully with wide array of coworkers and members of the community.
• A passion for the mission and values of Open Arms.
• Able to operate standard office equipment (such as telephone, computer, printer and copy machine), set up tabletop displays and speak at events
• Able to lift delivery bags, meal contents and other needs within programmatic areas
• Able to sit for long periods of time.
• Able to work on feet for long periods of time.
• Ability to talk and hear, and to communicate verbally and in writing in English.
• Ability to review and reply to documents and information on computer screen as well as to use a computer and variety of software programs.
Reports to: Senior Manager of Nutrition Services
Location: 2500 Bloomington Avenue S
Minneapolis MN 55404
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Please send resume and cover letter detailing pertinent experience to:
o Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
o Fax: 612.872.0866
o Mail: 2500 Bloomington Avenue S, Minneapolis MN 55404
o NO CALLS PLEASE
This position is eligible for an excellent, comprehensive benefits package, including medical/life/AD&D/STD/LTD insurance, personal time off (PTO) and paid Holidays. An employee-paid dental plan is also available.
Open Arms of Minnesota is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that leverages the skills and talents of all employees in our organization, regardless of race, gender, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, size, physical ability or socioeconomic status. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employment