(507) 328-7700 firstname.lastname@example.org
Employement Status: Part Time
Start Date: As soon as possible
Job Type: Community Nutritionist
Qualifications & Description
The Olmsted County WIC program has an opening for an On-Call Nutrition Specialist. This is a position with a minimum of 4 hours per 2 weeks.
• Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree from an accredited college or university in nutrition or dietetics
• Must meet the Commission on Dietetic Registration criteria and be credentialed with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics as a Registered Dietitian within one (1) year of employment
• Two years of work experience in the nutrition field
• Assess anthropometric, hematological, medial history and dietary information to determine presence or absence of nutritional needs
• Provide the following services to clients in a team environment based upon individual needs: consultations for education, and follow-up for those at high nutritional and medical risk, medical care referral, community resources referral and breastfeeding education and promotion
• Support the department during emergency situations
• Develop, review and select nutrition and education materials for a multi-ethnic population
• Provide technical assistance, consultation or training to professional staff as well as to other agencies regarding normal and therapeutic nutrition education, breastfeeding education, food practices and budgeting needs of families
To apply: Olmsted County Job Opportunities web page.