(218) 335-4546 Rita.Schuldt@llojibwe.org
Employement Status: Full Time
Start Date: As soon as possible
Job Type: Community Nutritionist
Qualifications & Description
Responsible for performing duties in a community based clinical setting and certifying participants for the Minnesota Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) program.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution with a major in any of the following: nutritional sciences; community nutrition; clinical nutrition; dietetics; public health nutrition; or related field.
• Registered Dietitian (RD) or Diet Technician Registered (DTR) required.
• Registered Nurse (RN) licensed in Minnesota, or ability to attain licensure in Minnesota within 60 days, will also be considered.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Duties include assessments, counseling, referrals, promotion, and education in breastfeeding and nutrition.
• Conduct certifications for pregnant and postpartum women, infants, and children up 5 years of age.
• Take anthropometric measurements of WIC participants.
• Accurately assess nutritional needs and make recommendations consistent with sound nutritional practice and client’s ability to implement.
• Assess needs for and make proper referrals to other health programs and providers.