(763) 324-4300 EmpRelations@co.anoka.mn.us
Employement Status: Part Time
Start Date: As soon as possible
Job Type: Community Nutritionist
Qualifications & Description
Anoka County has an opening for a Part Time (32 hours) WIC Nutrition Educator.
WIC NUTRITION EDUCATOR
Anoka County WIC Nutrition Educators determine eligibility for the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) applicants, conduct the elements of health screenings and dietary evaluation, assist in the development and implementation of nutrition education plans, provide nutrition counseling, and analyze nutritional needs and the effectiveness of the nutritional delivery program.
This part-time, non-exempt, benefit-eligible position is contingent on grant funding and located at both the Anoka County Government Center and the Blaine Human Service Center. This position includes at least three evenings per month until 7 p.m.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES (ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY)
These examples are not all inclusive and are intended to be illustrative of primary responsibilities of an Anoka County WIC Nutrition Educator.
•Evaluates applicants nutrient intake and health status in consideration of medical data.
•Provides appropriate nutrition education, and documents applicant’s clinical evaluation.
•Prescribes a supplemental food package using WIC guidelines and regulations.
•Develops and provides nutrition consultation to WIC participants and other interested persons.
•Completes referrals for applicants to appropriate health and social services for further assistance.
•Consults with other health professionals.
•Screens potential WIC participants for eligibility by reviewing applicant’s finances, residency, age and status, continuing health care, medical and nutritional needs.
•Lifts/carries/transports supplies and equipment to/from WIC clinic sites.
•Participates in Emergency Preparedness and Response activities.
•Utilizes Microsoft, Outlook and HuBert software.
• Registered Dietetic Technician (DTR), Registered or registration eligible OR
• Registered Dietitian/Nutrition (RDN) – Registered or registration eligible OR
• Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Health or Home Economics with applicable Nutrition Coursework (see job posting) OR
• Bachelor Degree or Master’s Degree in Nutrition, such as Nutritional Sciences; Community Nutrition; Clinical Nutrition; Dietetics
• At least one-year working with the WIC program
• Communications skills in Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Sign language, or other language.
For more information and to apply online: http://www.anokacounty.us/1432/Job-Opportunities?pk_campaign=TopTen&pk_kwd=Jobs
Closing date: February 14, 2020, 4:30pm
Questions? Call (763) 324-4300