(507) 332-6100 firstname.lastname@example.org
Employement Status: Part Time
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Community Nutritionist
Qualifications & Description
The WIC Professional acts as a WIC Competent Professional Authority (CPA), to provide the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) to Rice County residents in accordance with all applicable federal and state rules and regulations. This position:
• Assesses participant nutrition status and provides follow-up for high-risk participants.
• Develops, implements and evaluates individual nutrition care plans; makes referrals to other community programs as needed.
• Carries out all phases of the WIC certification process, including hematological screening, height and weight measurements, nutritional assessments and nutrition education.
• Ensures that client eligibility is correctly determined and that program participants receive benefits equitably, according to Federal rules and regulations.
• Provides health education and information to individuals or groups on health or nutrition related topics including breastfeeding.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Registered Dietitian, Licensed Dietitian, Licensed Nutritionist or Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition or Health/Home Economics field with applicable coursework in nutrition, or Registered Nurse and one to three years of nutrition/health education or equivalent.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Somali