Who is a member?
You are a member of MAND when you list Minnesota as your state affiliation as part of your Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) membership. You can become an Academy Active member, Academy Retired member, Academy International member, Academy Student member or Academy associate.
You may participate in Minnesota state and regional networking and continuing education events without being an Academy member.
Why should you get involved?
Support your professional organization. There are many self- proclaimed nutrition experts. Demonstrate your commitment to highly educated professionals providing evidenced based nutrition services.
A multitude of benefits from your Academy membership are available:
- Subscriptions to award-winning publications and electronic newsletters
- Answers to questions via the Evidence Analysis Library®
- Network with colleagues by getting involved with dietetic practice groups (DPGs) or member interest groups (MIGs)
- The ability to sign up for a free listing in the Find A Registered Dietitian online referral service
- Earn continuing professional education (CPE) through the Center for Professional Development’s teleseminars, webinars, e-learning, online certificate of training programs and self-study options
- Resources 24/7 from the online Career Center, including a free download of the 2013 Compensation & Benefits Survey, resume templates, an interactive salary calculator, and the eMentoring program.
- Participate in a professional organization… it looks great on your resume/ curriculum vitae!
Benefits of your Minnesota Academy Membership
- Automatic membership in your geographic region
- Access to educational events throughout the state
- Get involved with legislative advocacy at the state & federal level
- Discounted registration fees at regional meetings and the MAND Annual Meeting
- Networking and volunteer opportunities
- E-newsletters with updates from MAND as well as upcoming educational events