National Dairy Council (NDC) is offering a paid, three-month Sustainable Nutrition Affairs Internship, to support emerging leaders in health and sustainable food systems. The intern will help NDC integrate existing knowledge of nutrition, sustainability and the dairy industry and help identify future areas for research, education and engagement. The intern will gain a deep understanding of the role dairy foods play in a healthy, sustainable food system.
The intern will work under the umbrella of the Scientific Affairs and Outreach team. This multidisciplinary team is made up of Registered Dietitian Nutritionists and scientists who are dairy subject matter experts and thought leaders in their respective fields. This is a paid, full-time position based in Chicago over the summer with the potential to work remotely.
- Bachelor of Science in Food and Nutrition-related major
- Enrolled in or completed a dietetic internship program by June 1, 2021
- Master’s degree in Dietetics, Nutrition, Public Health, Agriculture (completed or in process) or another relevant field or 2 – 3 years of relevant work experience
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) or RDN eligible
- Experience in food systems-related work, public health, food security, global health
- Experience in social media, educational resource development, professional presentation development
Applications are due February 15, 2021. More information is here.